View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Greenflyfarmer OP
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,731
Left Richmond Virginia heading west.

It was dawn on day two in Kansas. Darkness spread out before me but it was delightfully cool and crisp. I just about burnt up on the long ride from Land Between the Lakes. I got there late Saturday, maybe 700 miles from Richmond. I started looking for a place to boondock and finally found a steep, rutted dirt road going up into cutover. It was very hot, the bugs were bad and I was tired. Hot the next day too into St. Louis then Kansas, where it was a 100. But this morning was cool and dark. Stayed in a Motel 6 last night, ordered pizza, washed clothes and sipped whisky.

Lots of people seem to hate travel across Kansas, but this morning she unfolded in the dark, looking much more western to my Virginia eyes. This morning, Kansas is beautiful for a flat chested country girl. I'm trying to beat the 100 degree forcast for cool climes in Colorado. I really did enjoy the morning.
I got off the interstate on the first dirt I saw when I could barely see the mountians.

greenflyfarmer > When Pigs Fly Solo Tour 09 photo

Colorado is cooler, made Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak. Snow piled up and people everywhere. I felt closed in at the gift shop. Beautiful views, looking south I could see the first pass around the mountian in the gold fields. That's where I'm headed.

From here it's all gravy.

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 08-27-2009 at 10:01 AM
Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote