View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Greenflyfarmer OP
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,745
I ride through Salida and gas up. Eat fastfood. An old lady pats me on my shoulder, "you have your armor on." She sits with her ladies and I mumble yes ma'am with my mouth full. West on 50 to Old Monarch Pass. It gets cool going up the mountian and I hit dirt and the old pass.

greenflyfarmer > When Pigs Fly Solo Tour 09 photo

Damn, you western guys have this all the time. Down the mountian to the meadows.
Hang a right at the bottom to Pitcan, Tin Cup and Taylor Park. Wonderful ride.
With my speed up and my bike fully loaded my front Scorp isn't sticking on transcounty air. I air down, guess wrong and have to air back up with my 10 buck air pump. I stand on the pegs and things feel good. I feel frisky and pick up the pace. Race around, stop picture, race some more, stop picture. Repeat.

My first view of aspens.

Downtown Pitcan.

Just out of Pitcan heading north I meet a buddy I didn't know.

I can't remember his name but he's on a 950 with an ADV sticker. I should have written down some of this stuff but I didn't do more than sign my name for several weeks. Forgive me. Good info. I'll use the Kebler pass to exit Colorado later on. He assures me that it's beautiful. He lives on that side of the pass, just over this side to ride on his day off.

The road is fast and my blood is up. I race into Tin Cup and slow down. A mule deer doe is standing on my right as I enter town. I ride through and roar on to Taylor Park.

Damn I love this bike. It's new, I just bought it in March. I left with 3k on the clock. I have to remember the truck isn't sitting 30 miles away. I'm on this ride for a month, I can't use up the equiptment in a week. Prudence doesn't last long.

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 07-21-2009 at 07:36 PM
Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote