View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
Brtp4 OP
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreamRider_
I have to say I like the looks of the 09 version much better. As far as the improvements.

I never have a problem with my inner knee getting burnt on the exhaust on any bike I have had.

One reason the Klims did so well is they fit so good, not sure why change something that worked so well already.

Pads, I always remove the pads and wear pads on the body.

3M piping, not concerned with.

Why Klim decided to take the best pants on the market and change them is hard to understand. Do you have any 09 Dakar pants in 36 Black/Grey(green) left??
I hear you. For me, I like the styling about even, but the refinements are smart.

Good that you never had to deal with it, but I burned two pair of Klims so far (they both still work though). OTB pants in general experience this a lot during off road use. None of the fabrics used work as well as leather.

For the padding, I want to see how substantive they are. I personally never use pads in my pants, but a lot of customers were trying to use Klim pants for the street, and asked if they had padding. If they have worked it out so you can wear knee guards under, OR keep the pads in, they will work for a wider application. Also, the piping will be a help with visibility on the street.

One thing that I do respectfully disagree on....the crotch spandex. This is a big improvement on the Klim Baja and Chinook model pants, and I am glad they added it to these. It should improve the fit a lot for off road use.

In general, the changes seem minor and iterative. I liked the 09s but these do address some of the comments I received from customers. It's tough when you find something good, because most gear companies screw it up. Time will tell, but generally Klim make smart changes.

I think the 09s in 36 are completely sold out, but I have a personal pair with 3 rides (also a set of 34s, washed once, but never worn). I will PM you with info.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 07-28-2009 at 08:57 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote