View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
motorradrudi OP
tourguide

Oddometer: 353
Via Bosco we came to Passo Fittanze and the valley Etschtal near Ala (very steep descend with predomonantly more than 20 % gradient).

The view is impressing!

Then we went to Avio, to the next highlight: The road up to the Bocca di Navene - marvellous!!! Swinging from one side to the other we wend steeply uphill. In the rear view mirror I still could see my fellow bikers. After approximately 10 km we turned left and the road went further steeply uphill. When we arrived on the highest point (yield sign), only Kurt and Alfred were behind us! I asked Alfred to wait on the others and together with Kurt we drove to the Bocca di Navene.

In expectation that the others would come soon, I ordered two Cappuccino. Still waiting for our ordered Cappuccini I worried, because none the others came!
Kurt went back. After we finished our cappuccini we went back together with Alfred, who had arrived in the meantime to search others. On the way downhill we met Kurt who told us that Chris and Gabi were delayed and they, Jacky and Thomas decided to drive directly down to Mori. Telephone contact was not possible. The rest of us drove up again and we had another cosy break with views to Lago di Garda.
Then we also drove on the narrow road via Brentonico to Mori.

Due to the late hour we decided not to take the planned way via Monte Bondone but to drive directly via Rovereto and Trento back to Montan. Just before 7pm we arrived in Montan. Soon the others arrived too (they also had a break).
Also the remaining participants “Alpenbiker South Tyrol Trip“ arrived one after the other.
Together we had dinner and a following cosy gathering terminated this day.

That was the 2nd day of the trip!

Best greatings from Germany
Rudi
motorradrudi is offline   Reply With Quote