View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #12
motorradrudi OP
tourguide

Oddometer: 350
Then we turned south to Laurein. There we went over Brezer Joch (1410m) to Fondo. The next target was the pass Mendel and Monte Penegal.
Anybody who has been here before likes to come back, because the views to Bozen in Etsch valley and to lake Kaltern are stunning.

Mendel Pass

Then we liked to go to Kaltern to have some ice cream. A tourist couple recommended an ice cream parlour named “Trude” and gave a description of the way to go.

But descending from Mendel Pass I’m used to turn right towards Kaltern, so we arrived from the otherside of town. So I passed our target and Jürgen had to call my attention to that. So the whole group had to uturn and to find an appropriate place to park.
Two of our companians (Alfred and Ingo) were missing. Ingo had stopped to take some photographs and met Alfred at the exit towards Kaltern. Together they went on, directly back to Montan.
The others enjoyed the ice cream, then Eddy and Friedrich said Good Bye (they went back to Groedner Valley) and we also returned to Montan.
After the tour we met at the pizza restaurant „Schloss Enn“ to have our supper.
Again a beautiful day with wonderful weather.

Best greatings from Germany
Rudi

To be continued after translation
motorradrudi is offline   Reply With Quote