Old 07-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #42
sp4ce
Orange Invader

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty950

Here's some piccies of the filter...

Shawty
Those filters are FILTHY! The dirtiest I have seen.

A few notes:

- The prescreen sock won't shed much when washed. It is multilayer and traps debri inside it pretty well.

- The sock isn't very fine as you can see and passes a lot of crap through the pump to the paper filter (Obviously, while you are running without that paper filter, all the stuff that you found inside it is going through your injectors and engine. )

- I've had the paper filter come apart in my hands on extraction before, also. The glue was hardened and crumbling. At least at USD 115 a pop, you know you are getting quality.

As for the external filter setup you describe, I can imagine a few potential drawbacks. 1) Dirty gas is now going to be passed through your pressure regulator. No clue if that will affect it. 2) That same dirty gas is going to be re-circulating through the pump multiple times. No clue if that will shorten it's life. 3) Will relocation of the filter from one side of the pressure regulator to the other change delivered pressure to the injectors?

I considered the same external filter setup and ended up not doing it because I didn't know the answers to those questions. You can't buy the pressure reg separate from the pump, so if concerns 1 or 2 end up being valid, you are out USD 475 for a new pump.
sp4ce is offline   Reply With Quote