Thread: Prudhoe Joe
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Flyred OP
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 673
Day Last 498 miles

Valmount BC to Woodinville, Wa.

After my B&B breakfast I started home with a relaxed pace until I started getting passed by Albertan drivers in motor homes and campers going 90 mph. Fights on
Jumbo is hopping bad when ever I get below 50 now but I can't let her get passed by a GD motor home. As the day warms up the Canadian drivers become even more aggressive and it's starting to scare me that after 6,000+ miles I'm going to get flattened by a Canuk.
At every gas stop now I have to drink a half gallon of GatorAid to stay feeling normal. The day is close to 100F and my Anti-Monkey Butt powder has failed badly.
Once across the border I take the Mt. Baker Hwy south to stay away from the traffic just a little longer . Finally at Sedro Wooley I jump on I-5 for the last bit. For the first time I have to give a girl driver the bird after she tries to kill me twice in a mile with unsignalled lane changes right into me.

When I make it home it's to an empty house and no marching band. There is one beer left in the fridge.

My worn out TKC 80 with 9000+ miles on it

Total distance 6,436 miles in 12 days
No flats, drops or crashes.
About 2000 miles on gravel.
The 2007 990 now has 30,412 miles on her and has had zero maintenance issues. Not any.

Flyred screwed with this post 08-02-2009 at 08:14 PM
Flyred is offline   Reply With Quote