View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,404
Day two/three

Day two was uneventful unless you happen to get really seasick:

Poor Gino was turning all shades of green not 20 minutes into the 5 hour Cat ride to Yarmouth. Rough start and we have four more ferries on this trip.

We made it on to the boat and then booked from Yarmouth to Peggy's cove. When we got to our inn it was closed not a soul was in site. No one answered the phone either. Just as we were about to leave a fellow shows up and we tell him we have a room reserved. "Oh, you're lucky I forgot my keys and came back..." Hmm, not really the response I was expecting. Anyway...

The morning was spent repacking Gino's HP2. Man, this is a not exactly the first choice as a touring bike but it's a fantastic bike and we had to make do without real luggage solutions so we just keep working on our lashing.

Peggy's Cove was a bit fogged in but beautiful nonetheless:

For some reason I seem to have anti chain stretch - my chain get's tighter. Obviously I didn't get it right the first time and all the extra weight from passenger and luggage was putting the bike well into it's stroke. This pit stop helped with that.

This was ferry 2 of 5 on this trip - the shortest of the bunch. Gino didn't get sick on this one.

After an afternoon on foggy coastal roads we set the GPS to "shortest" into Guysborough and it told us to take a left onto a really rough logging road. We almost skipped it as the thought of dropping the bikes on a rocky, muddy and steep trail while loaded with luggage and our girlfriends seemed to be perhaps a good way to ensure sleeping in separate rooms. We took a chance and at the top of the hill it opened up and became a quite nice gravel road. Everyone really enjoyed the excursion and wants to do more when we get to Newfoundland.

And tonight a bit of luxury before tomorrow nights camping out.

sakurama screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 09:10 AM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote