View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #16
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,430
Okay, video is a royal bitch if you don't have much time so I'll try to download and process some of the on bike while we're on the ferry tonight. Right now we're in North Sydney, NS and in half an hour we're going to board the ferry to Newfoundland. I'm going to try to do this update pretty quick as it's taken me the last hour just to download images (the problem of bringing your pro gear is the files are HUGE!).

So we rode from Guysborough up to Corney Brooke campground yesterday and while we had all day to go 180 miles I think that created a sense of laziness with the troops. We had a leisurely breakfast and then a lunch and of course we couldn't pass up going to the Glenn something or other Single Malt distillery. You wouldn't either so I know I won't get shit for that.

Here we are entering Cape Breton:

We like the 14 year old but they'd run out so we took the 15. McCallan 18 it's not but not bad either.

Another crazy thing that took some time was seeing this wild, weird and strangely creepy scarecrow display on the side of the road. We stopped and spent a while with the proprietor who told us the story of how a family friend goaded his father into making more scarecrows which he did until he died and then his son took over. Here's the son with some of the creations. As far as I'm concerned this sort of thing is almost reason enough for the whole trip - I love how whacky people are.

Then around 6:30pm (4 hours later than I'd hoped) we pulled into the campground to find it (surprise!) completely filled. A fellow named Larry on a Honda Shadow had a prime spot on the edge of the cliff and we asked if he'd share his spot in return for dinner. For some reason while we were at the COOP I decided we needed five of everything and now my premonition netted us a friend and a place to camp. Sadly, I didn't really get a shot of Larry as it was late and then we took off early. No excuse really. Anyway here's our camp:

We had steaks, green beans, tomato salad and then smores for dessert (required by camping law I believe) and it was Gino's first smore and first night in a tent. We had a great time.

And I managed to play around with a little light painting camp shot. I did this same technique for a Ducati ad I shot last month. If you see any photos of the Nicky Hayden 848 those are mine.

In the morning Lauren washed dishes in the creek below:

And then breakfast on the Cabot Trail:

And yes, that's bacon AND sausage:

Gino has a slow leak in the front of the HP2 but it's no big deal - we just top it off every day or so. Lauren is amused by the bag piper across the street.

After the Cabot Trail we stopped for some snacks and met a ADV rider from Montreal headed up to Meat Cove.

As some of you may know Gino he's Italian. Not a little Italian but ALL Italian. Lauren found this amusing but kept telling Gino that "good things come in small packages!"

Okay, that's my lightning ride report - the ferry boards in 5 minutes.

Gotta go!

sakurama screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 10:33 AM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote