View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedx9
I'll be curious to see other folks input also. I have a 478, 512mb blank memory chip and have tried to download my TOPO 2008 info to the chip. It appears that the maps made it but the gps does not show the topo I'm probably just not turning something on or off or whatever. Operator error. I would think you could see all of the info on the DVD on the computer because I can with TOPO 2008. I could only find 512mb on the top end of the storage scale. I too want to add inland waters so let's see what everyone else has to say.

Here's the trick. You've got to turn off City Nav XXXX. It over rides any maps you have loaded on the unit.

From the Map Page, hit menu, go to map information, hit menu, select "hide all" scroll up to the maps you want to show scroll left so the box next to the map is highlight, and hit enter. It should show a check box. Hit quit and your maps should be showing.

Do they still make preloaded data cards for the 478? I know they make preloaded SD cards for the newer units, not so sure they make them for the 478 though.

EDIT: Oops should have check before I opened my mouth, it appears they do have preloaded cards for the 478.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote