View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #217
bgoodsoil OP
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,217
Utilla. Utilla is a tiny island off the north coast of Honduras next to Roatan--the big island. Roatan has nice beaches and very expensive resorts. Utilla has nothing but dive shops. The average dive including equipment rental and boat fees were around $25. I saw 10 dive packages for $220. I'd spend a week at Utilla diving.

Also, I'd like to take a boat trip out to the San Blas islands off the coast of Panama. The pictures of that place are so amazing it's hard to believe they're real.

And of course I'd really have liked to take more breaks from riding. You know, stop at a cheap beach for a day EVERY other day instead of riding through. The coast of Mexico on the Gulf has hundreds of miles of sandy beach and most of it is uninhabited. You can ride right down to the sand, bury your rear tire with a good burn out, and camp out without seeing another soul. It's really nice til' ya run out of beer

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code

bgoodsoil screwed with this post 08-12-2009 at 11:15 AM
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote