View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #36
BigWan OP
The Cripple Maker

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia
quick question, when you get a second: how much experience do you two have riding offroad together 2up, and how much offroad experience does matt have? from your posts it seems like this trip is a somewhat common occurrence to you two...
hi kaia,
we actually haven't done that much offroad stuff together - we did a nice baja trip (down to La Paz and back) that was about 85% offroad and we've done several offroad day trips, but that's about it. About a million years ago we did 3.5 months of touring 2up in europe and we've taken other slab trips together, so that helped a little.

I give the credit to matt - he's been riding in the dirt for 30+ years (since he was 8 years old) and he LOVES it. He doesn't see any difference between riding in the dirt and riding on the street - other than he's happier in the dirt - and he feels extremely comfortable offroad.

I'm a total chicken and I get scared in the car, but I enjoy riding in the dirt with matt. most of the time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BigWan is offline   Reply With Quote