View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
DeeGee OP
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,846
Life Begins at 40?

So here I am just about to celebrate my big four oh. They (whoever "they" actually are ) say that life begins at forty, so I'll let you know over the coming weeks, months maybe years.

Just to tie in a couple of previous ride reports as I'll probably update this thread and try keep it going. After reading many reports here and getting some inspiration I finally got the balls to venture off on the bike abroad with the missus. The travelling is very addictive as we've done it every year since. First one here and the second one here.

Here's the plan; We (the missus and I) have got the channel tunnel booked for 15.10 tomorrow afternoon 13/08/09 and we're heading east and making tracks to an ex-pat friend who now lives in Bulgaria, just outside Sofia.

Here's a rough route, subject to change

We have booked no accomodation whatsoever and we'll be camping mostly, I wanted to be something of a free spirit for a couple of weeks and not to be tied down to any deadline other than the ferry we've booked for our return on the 29th August.

Here's a couple of snaps;

The steed

The his 'n' hers boxes

And somehow I've got to get the contents of the box on the left into our boxes as well as the clothes

I've currently got 36k miles on the 950 and I've replaced the OEM fuel pump with the facet, I've had a slave cylinder replaced under warranty and I've just fitted this tool tube to carry a few extras, hopefully we'll not be needing them

Now you can't go away without a holiday hair cut Here's my DIY job

Now a better one

And now the missus

Oops

One more nightshift to work and then we'll be hitting the road. I'll try and update on the road, but if not I'll catch up soon.

Ciao.

DG

DeeGee screwed with this post 09-02-2009 at 02:17 AM
DeeGee is online now   Reply With Quote