View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #23
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
Video's With Pipe Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce25
No offense taken. I am aware of that. I just like a loud pipes or louder than stock anyway. I like to hear every rev the bike makes. I enjoy the exhaust tune. My question was related to the different exhaust sounds for this bike. One suggested that the Akra had a better sound than others. I was just looking for opinions from that. I want to change the pipe more for sound than performance. However bikes in general run better/cooler when they are opened up. Stock these bikes run lean as it is.
I remember several videos done to document exhaust notes on different exhaust systems....sorry no references or bookmarks...in fact I believe that a couple were on R1200S forum...Akra did have a "unique" note! [besides the sound of dollars burning ]...if you are really interested it will take time but searches on forums will get you at least some idea of how each system sounds..

Now how about a set of Smitty's on a flat-head motor! Or the DOHC 6 cyl Jags...or...
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote