View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #116
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by coak
We wish!!!

Very limited backing from the manufacturer..... mainly funded out each of the riders pocket! SafariBerg can probably elaborate but my understanding is that Husaberg helped by having parts available and also by only charging cost price for the items we used. There was also some dealer support but apart from that it was primarily the 'rental' money that each of the riders paid that funded the team. Some support is certainly better than no support but yes it does cost each of the riders a small fortune to enter a race like the Australasian Safari.

My guess is Honda & KTM would have similar budgets for the Safari (fairly substantial and enough to support 2 riders each), Yamaha supported 1 rider this year, Husaberg helped to support a team of essentially privateer riders.

cheers,
Coak
Thanks mate

If it's any benefit I think you'll get a few husaberg sales out of this event - I think many are watching and seeing how well you did.

I particularly like the 650.

Great effort again - the team looked awesome and offered some alternative to the Honda team.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote