View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,261
Pissed Single 320MM rotor and fancy brake on the 950?

talking with my friend Mark today about the possibility of mounting a 320MM Full floating rotor from a supermotard kit plus a sofisticated 4 piston caliper(I don't remenber the brand the are anodize gold but they are not brembo) my head got to wonder, the funny part is that I happend to be at a motorcycle hang out and a ktm 525 was park right next to my bike...

well to make the story short,,aparentlly (i did not have a accurate way to measure) the rotor bolt pattern and Inner diameter size(hub flange) are the same,also the mount for the brake caliper features a extremlly similar bolt pattern and overall shape,,ergo if you can install a motard kit on the 525EXC you can also do it on the 950 hopefully improving the performance of the braking in a big way..

at the stage this is pure gestimation and wishful thinking,,so please if you have a way to get the accurate data post it here or even better if you know anybody that ever try it..get some feetback

I just don't think the lammeAss caliper that comes with the 950 is sufficient to stop the bike propertlly specially with a single rotor and then again i live for the last 10 years with the same stupid caliper in the back of the GS and let me tell you they do NOT have a Happy and trouble free life..

thanks in advance..