View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 10:40 AM   #14
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoyote
I've heard this before and it's a little mystifying. On sport bikes, a common mod is to go to a "dual system" for the front brake, where there are two lines coming from the cylinder down to both sides of the wheel, eliminating the little jumper line from one caliper to the other.

I have this system on my Hayabusa, and my impression was that this, along with the braided lines, improved feel quite a bit. Also, the fender is no longer an issue, which was a good thing when my disc lock trashed my stock fender and I went to a CF replacement that I had to drill myself.

Couldn't you just go to a similar system on the nine-fiddy?

Totally..........

aparentlly is a well proven fact that the sistems like the 950 that feature a "dual stage" present a fenomenom were the fluid act on one caliper first and then when the presure is build up on the "main" (first) the second one comes to play, the sistem you propose gives the same "Information" at exactlly the same time and more important equal power..

I also think solving the hose routing is not a big deal and fact i'm sure is being done a few times already.

Ricardo Kuhn screwed with this post 11-28-2004 at 10:50 AM
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote