View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by byways
Me, too! Can you identify the road that had the nasty gravel? I hate gravel.

Also, can you comment on the Yamaha's long-distance highway performance? Colorado Springs to Dubois, wyo, is one helluva haul.
On the gravel, once you jump off 287 in WY and head down to Pinedale, WY you will have your hands full BUT there is so much other out there that is just beautiful if you don't mind some hard ridding it is worth it!

My bike runs interstate speeds no problem and once I opened up the intake and exhaust with aftermarket slip on then added the fuel mapping it really woke the bike up. It is no problem pulling down 500 mile days on this little bike. The rub comes with high altitude and looooong steep grades you have in the rockies. I was fortunate in that I added more fuel across the rpm range and this little bike just pulled like a 650! Rode with a KLR all the way no problem. I'm sure he could have outran me if he wanted to but I was able to cruise 65-70 even at 9,000 feet. Loaded down with two weeks gear and full camp gear as well I felt it was extremely good. I am more than pleased with it.

10Cup screwed with this post 09-15-2009 at 03:40 PM
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote