View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
mightymatt43 OP
URALiNEED

Oddometer: 475
Day 2

We wake up the next morning, after getting into Dallas way too late the night before, and head over to Stormsellers. For those that don't know, Ken Storm is about as standup of a guy as any man walking the earth. I trust him. A lot.

Anyway, we get to the shop and bring the bike in. Ken and I start talking and checking some things: valves, carbs, plugs, airbox, etc.

Finally, after several hours, we realize that the engine has almost no compression. Something is very, very wrong. Ken tells me that he'd like to keep the bike for at least a day to check out some other things - namely, taking the heads off and having a look inside. After wandering around his shop a bit more we take our leave and head to my buddy's house to wait for a phone call.

a '55 Ural in the shop!

Later that night (yes, he worked into the night to get me some information), Ken calls and gives me horrible news. My left head needs to be replaced and he will need to order parts to do the job properly.

This news basically slows our trip to a stall. We only have a month and a half to go across North America, and this type of hold up is not what we were hoping for.

Again, dejected and defeated, we decide to head home the next day.

Day 2 mileage: 0

www.bugsonmyface.com

mightymatt43 screwed with this post 04-21-2012 at 10:29 AM
mightymatt43 is offline   Reply With Quote