View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,594
Klr

Quote:
Originally Posted by byways
Great job, 10Cup. You're holding our attention, to be sure.

BTW, haven't seen photos of the KLR since the start of your report. Is he still with you? How is he and his bike doing?

Does the mud seem permanent in those places, or do you think it's from recent rains?
No, the KLR and I split up in Wise River, he is ridding with his buddy and I decided to go solo. They are about a day behind me currently, they are in Chama tonight so there are in for a fun day tomorrow.

On the mud, it is drying out but the ruts are so bad from the ranchers trucks that it will be very difficult riding for a long time. Not sure I would want to try it even when dry due to the depth of the ruts and the fact that there isn't a way around some of the worst ruts. Shame it turned out like that because they don't do any maintenance on the dirt roads that I can tell.

Also thanks for hanging out with me on this ride. I really appreciated your input and interest. Hope we can meet some day.

All the best.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote