View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #43
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,149
Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup
AKASY, thanks! I was looking at the route tonight and wondering as I did not see anywhere to fuel up. Do you have any suggestions on what might work if the auto pump is still out? If not I'll probobly have to use my MSR bottles after all. It will be very close though...

Looks like a 21 mile one way west down Hwy 12 to "Apache Cree" I'll have that as a fail safe. Thanks for the heads up!
Sorry 10cup, didn't see your reply until this AM--but you have it figured out. You can go east or west on 60 at Pie Town and get gas or do the same when you cross 12 at Horse Springs. Please let me know if that automated pump is working--it was in June but back thru in Aug and no workee. I just pressed on to Silver City and made it with what I had on board.
While in Silver City be sure to stop by Copper Canyon KTM--go south on 90 it is on the right--tell Dave hi, good group of guys.
I know you said you were not going to Antelope Wells but if you do you will take 90 south and then take Separ Road which is dirt to I10 then a dirt side road to the highway to Hachita then highway to Antelope Wells. Again no gas anywhere south of Silver City. The station in Hachita was open in June but close in Aug--don't know why but Silver City to AW and back to gas could be a long day--belive me there is NOTHING from I10 to AW except a zigzag at Hachita. Ride safe.
AKASY is offline   Reply With Quote