View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #68
10Cup OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,499
Gear Report

Thought I'd add a little about the gear I used and the pluses and minuses if you will. I had to get everything into one Ortlieb medium bag plus my Dirtbagz rangers and a small Wolfman enduro tank bag . All of this equipment worked perfectly and I would use it all again.

Even though packed very light I still found that I could have done with less. It is very easy to wash your clothes at night given you don't take any cotton. and then let them dry over night. I had two Klim jerseys and one short sleeve starter brand pull over from WM. Worked great!

Used the LD Comfort underwear and it worked extremely well, again easy to wash each night and dry by morning. I had two pair of shorts and one of the long johns. Never needed the long johns but thought I might if the night got too cool camping.

I had three pair of socks, one Klim and two MSR. All were fantastic but two would have gotten me by no problem. These socks wick away the sweat so well that you can wear them multiple days if you want and then of course just wash and let dry over night. Two pair would have been enough.

I am a real fan of the Olympia brand gear . I have the Airglide II jacket in Silver and matching pants in Black. Mary over at Motogear is great to work with and I love there no hassle returns too!

I did not use the liner that comes with the jacket opting instead for my Gerbings Jacket Liner . Having the ability to adjust the heat was a great help and I used it every day too! Temps were always very cool in the morning and then in the afternoon got up in the 75 degree range.
The pant liner I did use and it is also water proof so a great combination. Found I had to remove the liners a couple of days in the afternoon.

On Gloves, I had a pair I had purchased from the local Honda shop but the ones I like the best are by Cortech . These gloves I use in hot weather and I really like that the gauntlet covers my wrist and jacket. Fit is just the best.

Boots, no question SIDI is the best. I like the Canyon Gore-Tex boots.
I did bring a pair of tennis shoes for camp and to go to dinner with but if you want to keep long legged pants the SIDS would do for that too.

I also took along a pair of nylon pants with zip off legs that served as shorts or regular pants and could be washed and dried over night. Another Walmart cheapy.

Helmets, for me the Shoei Hornet was just the best, I did not want goggles so it was between the Arie DX or the Shoei and the Hornet fit me best. Again Mary over at Motogear in Arvada, CO. gave me a GREAT price. Don't go by the internet price listed, call her.

On the Rē, accessories I highly recommend are heated grips , sweet cheeks seat widener, Alaska Leather seat cover , Dunlop 606 Tires, Wolfman enduro fender bag , Scott steering dampener and the Vario windshield . For a tail bag rack I used Emerson's rack from the ADV forum, worked very well and just the right size. Flatland bash plate .

Think that is about all folks any questions just let me know.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote