View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
DeeGee OP
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,845
Right now I've got myself sorted back at home here we go. I was going to take a snapshot of the mileage covered on the satnav, but after the first day I forgot.

But in total we did 3200 miles and this is how we started.

First night we covered 456 miles and we stayed in Leuven in Belgium. Not many pics here as I was a little shy of getting the camera out in busy places, but that soon changed as the trip went on as you'll see later

Breakfast

Next day we hit the boring motorway to get some miles under our belt and we rode across the rest of Belgium, Germany and into the Czech Republic. The hotel we punched into the satnav wasn't accessable as there was some kind of festival going on in the town centre, the road we were trying to go down was blocked off by the police. We managed to find one though and they charged us 40 for the night including the breakfast and the price of 2 beers was only 1.45

This Medieval Church was quite an attraction

Then it was onto Kutna Hora where another famous Medieval Church was famous for another reason, also known as The Church of Bones

Closer

All the ornaments and artifacts are all made of bones from the bodies exhumed from the graveyard. The church was supposedly built on holy ground and because of this reason many people from miles around wanted to be buried there, but there was not enough room, so the bodies were exhumed after a period of time and their bones were moved into the church.

DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote