View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
DAY 1 Boise, ID to Grangeville, ID

Here is an interactive map of our route

Heading north on Idaho 55 out of Boise, I never get tired of this stretch of road that follows the Payette River. I’ve traveled this section so many times that I don’t stop much any more to take photos, but I invite you to check out my ride report below in my signature line called “Idaho West Mountains - Payette River.”

Here is an older pic of the Idaho Northern & Pacific Railroad, “Silver Bridge” crossing the Payette River.

Here is a nice twisty section on the new pavement between Smith’s Ferry and Rainbow Bridge.

This is Rainbow Bridge, recently restored, it is a landmark along Idaho 55.

This section past Smith’s Ferry is a nice short twisty segment. My wife shot this footage to Rainbow Bridge.

We continued northward through Cascade towards Donnelly. I knew there was road construction in town, so we by-passed it on Farm to Market Road which would take us into McCall. We stopped at a small historic town called Roseberry and ventured into the general store. It was like stepping back into the early nineteen hundreds. The store is a full working store as well as a museum.

Roseberry General Store

The Museum across the street

The interior was very authentic.

This is the Owner’s Daughter. She was very pleasant and was happy to tell you about the history of the store.

Here is a short video clip of Old Man McDougall telling the history of Roseberry and the store.
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote