View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
DAY 2 Grangeville, ID to Farragut State Park, ID

This morning is heavy overcast and we would most likely run into rain. Headed out of Grangeville east on Highway 13 and up to Kamiah. My wife graduated from highschool there, so we thought we would tour the little town where she lived over 30 years ago.

Here we are at Kamiah highschool

The kids were having volleyball practice and my wife knew the volleyball coach. The coach was a junior when my wife graduated. They talked awhile reminiscing about highschool days. What a coincidence that she would see someone she hasn’t seen in over 30 years on the day we arrived.

And here is the public pool where my wife was the manager. We talked to the new owner when it started to rain.

So, we left Kamiah in the rain northward to Orofino where we would take the Elk River Scenic Byway to Elk River.

You can check out this link for more info on the Byway
http://www.idahobyways.gov/byways/elk-river.aspx

The paved section was nice and twisty, but wet! Here is pic approaching the Dent bridge, a 1500 foot span out in the middle of nowhere that crosses the Orofino reservoir.

After the bridge, the road turns to gravel. It’s a nice groomed road but today it was wet with a few slippery spots. Here is a video crossing the bridge and a bit of the scenic byway.

Kodanja screwed with this post 01-11-2010 at 09:07 AM
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote