View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
Kodanja OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
DAY 3 Farragut State Park, ID to Nelson, BC, Canada

Had a great night sleep in the cabin. Clear skies overnight, but the morning was overcast so we expected more rain but not yet. At least the forecast for Canada’s National Parks were suppose to be sunny.

The cabins were great, but the latrine was a couple hundred feet away, which isn’t fun to get to in the middle of the night. No problem for me since there is a nice covered deck to water the plants from. My wife’s latrine attire is a nightgown and riding boots....she’d kill me if I posted a pic.

We started the morning off at Athol, ID (yep sounds like asshole.) We had breakfast there at the Country Boy Cafe. The Chicken Fried steak completely filled the plate. We split the meal and it was still too much. Wish I’d taken my camera inside, but I left it in the tank bag.

Check out this link I found about the restaurant. We just happened to stop and it was perfect.
http://getoutnorthidaho.blogspot.com...-boy-cafe.html

Next stop was Spirit Lake. We did a quick ride down the main street to see the old buildings and noticed a store called C’s Trains and Antiques. I like trains, so we stopped in.

Spirit Lake

C’s

She had a lot of old (and new) classic Lionel trains. Some I had when I was a boy.

If you like trains, these ought to bring back some memories

We got to talking to her about her business and I asked about her husband. She said she lost him a couple years ago and that he was a big part of her life. We could tell she hadn’t really let him go yet and we expressed our condolences and my wife gave her a hug and they both started weeping. It was really touching and think the lady really needed that. We hated to leave her, but I think she felt good knowing that a couple of strangers dressed in motorcycle gear care. We thought about her all day. If you’ve ever lost someone, you know what I mean.

Have to get off the computer....back a little later. Next we officially start the Selkirk Loop.

Kodanja screwed with this post 01-11-2010 at 10:15 AM
Kodanja is offline   Reply With Quote