View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
VTbeemer
Traveler

Oddometer: 337
Trans Lab

Hi everyone,

This is Dan one of the fearless fouresome on this most excellent adventure. Keith is on his way to staying at my home tonite so we can get an early start tomorrow to meet up with Mark and James at the VT Canada border.

Not to start too early with the drama, but my F650gs developed a ABS error condition and the speedometer suddenly crapped out. After sorting through it the last two days the requisite parts are on their way here via overnite courrier. It is not my policy to wrench on a bike the day BEFORE a big trip but I am glad I found it here in the warmth of my garage than on the Trans-Lab Hghway.

Turns out an axle bushing went missing and this shifted the ABS ring over to grind on the sensor. So the diagnosis was apparent when the rear wheel was removed. So with hours to departure it looked like this.
Stay tuned...

Many thanks to Mark B. for organizing and planning the routing on this trip, and thanks in advance to James for tagging along with his jeep. This will be an uncommon luxury to have the jeep along to help the Sherpa duties.

14' R1200GSW- 93' R100GS/PD- F650GS- 94' R11RS
08' WR250R- 95 R100R- K75s- 57' R69
77' R75/7- 06' Ducati S4R Monster- 74' XL 250

VTbeemer screwed with this post 09-03-2009 at 11:12 PM
VTbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote