View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
Steelybeast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Sunday #2

As we ventured on into the Black Forrest, we arrive at Lake Titisee. Something about that name I like but can't put a finger on it

Through out the trip we noticed there was not a lot of good stopping places on the side of the roads to take pictures. The majority of what we took were from the bike while traveling and came out well considering the tripple-digit-speeds. There was so many places we seen along the way, especially around the Alps that I longed for a place to stop and wished I had my Canon digital SLR with big lenses. Almost every where you looked was a good photo opportunity as you will see later in the report.

We noticed a lot of flower boxes everywhere we went so a couple pictures of those for the botanist's.

We ended up taking a detour around one of the small towns due to the road being closed for repairs. While it was unplanned, it was an opportunity to see some more countryside.

We started to see more of the scenery that is typical of pictures we see on the internet. A small town down in the valley. This is a common sight almost everywhere we went.

We believe at this point, we were Germany when we came across this grape vineyard.

This was a nice slow ride, winding through the vineyards. It looked like they were getting close to being ready to harvest. Who knows, we may be sitting at a restaurant in a few months, enjoying a nice glass of vino that came from these very grapes.

A couple of river shots as we turn South and head back towards Zurich.

Monday's route takes us South from Zurich. This where we start seeing the pictures of the Alps that everyone is waiting for. I am glad we did get to see these areas on Sunday and gave us an opportunity to test the bike before hitting the passes down there.

I will say the CBF1000 is a nice bike. Plenty of power for two-up riding and with the optional saddle bags & top case, it would make a nice little shorter-ride touring machine.

David & Ellen
Steelybeast is offline   Reply With Quote