View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Steelybeast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Monday #3

The next several miles was an adventure in itself. We passed several cars in which there was barely enough room for both of us. After coming across a truck at one point in front of us, there was several times where the oncoming car backed up so it could pass. The scenery & riding was worth it all.

In lokking around at this area, I realized there did not seem to be a lot of off road opportunites in the area, only paved roads. We did see a few in some places, but not as many as I expected.

We could see a bright green lake in the distance. The closer we got to it, the more it seemed to glow.

We knew Route 66 was a long highway, but never thought about it going all the way to Switzerland

As we head towards the next small town, you can see the Church once again above all the other structures.

...and one of the first views of a sweeper.....

It does make me wonder how far you could travel down in the valley, from town to town before you have to go up and over a mountain to get out.

Another Church up on a hill, above the rest.

Endless riding opportunities as far as the eye can see.

This little area was a stopping point for a lot of riders. Once you had your helmet off, you were greeted my the sounds of cow bells everywhere.

After this stop, you start back up and over the mountain you could see the fun stuff in a distance.

At the top of this mountain was snow, but also a glacier.

The waterfall at the bottom was from the melting glacier. How many millions of years has this process be going on, that helped carve out this landscape.

David & Ellen
Steelybeast is offline   Reply With Quote