View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
And so it begins!

Flew to Denver today and drove (by car) 250 miles to Gunnison to arrive at the meetup.

Colorado is beautiful. And I havn't even done any riding yet. The weather is perfect this time of year and the trees are just starting to change. Took 285 South through the mountains. I want to fly home and kidnap my wife to bring her back. Its just awesome out here.

I leave bright and early departing with our group of 10+ headed to Cottonwood pass.

I am Fire Pinning (iPhone app) the entire trip so you can see the whole route we took. (obviously for today, those are wyapoints by car) Pretty cool app.

Also I have posted some pics I shot from the road today as well as a shot of me getting my gear prepped for departure tomorrow morning.

Check out the Fire Pin Map with Pins Here: Map!

Here is a Link to the pics I posted from today:
ADV Colorado Day 1 Prep

I think tomorrow is going to be wild, but if it gets hairy at all, I am staying at a holiday in express tonight (no bs!) so I got that working for me :-). Riding and camping tomorrow.

I will leave you with some parting shots from today....

On a side note, the Arai XD3 is what it is. Just one sick helmet. This is however the first time I am gong to be rockin any FirstGear for the ride. The TPG Rainer is new for 2009 and TPG Escape Pants complete the set. While tomorrow is the first acid test (30 in the morning, 70 in the afternoon with rain expected), I must say that my first impression is very high. There is a degree of polish to the new line that don't remember from seasons past.

Two wheels down.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote