View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,643
Day One

Day One

The plan is to meet at Chris’s place downtown Ottawa at 4pm. A bit of a late start but a few of the guys had to work that day. The thing that best describes the mood of everyone is excitement. Getting to leave work and family behind for a week isn’t always easy for us working stiffs. With all the planning, packing and anticipation I think everyone was raring to go.

A few introductions for those that hadn’t met each other, a last minute pack and away we go. Our destination was somewhere in the Verendrye Park approximately 300-600 km from Ottawa.

The bikes loaded up and ready to go.

1 Ktm 950 adv
2 Bmw gs 1150
1 Bmw dakar650
1 Bmw Funduro 650
1 Kawasaki KLR 650

Happy campers ready to go. Big smiles and clean bikes.

And off we go, a bit of rush hour downtown traffic to deal with prior to hitting the open road.

Heading up highway 105

A quick stop for some gas, beers and chips before heading out into dusk to find a campground. I think it was around this point that I realized I didnt have any head or tail lights. A quick pull over revealed a melted fuse. Electrical gremlin or something I shorted while prepping the bike? Time will tell.

We checked in at the Lac Rapide campground and setup camp. A few brown bottles and small talk before hitting the hay. A great campsite on a lake, it cost 30 bucks per site but they let us put 6 tents on a site! Oh ya Chris I think I still owe ya 5 bucks from this night

Dan not used to me being in his face with a camera yet

All in all a great first day, I think we only made about three or four hundred clicks.

You might notice we are all carrying gas canisters, a few of our days will have 600 + km days between gas stations. My KTM only gets about 300 km per tank on a good day (read easy throttle day which tend not to happen ) so I carried and extra 25 litres on my bike.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel

Deadly99 screwed with this post 09-21-2009 at 08:43 AM
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote