View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
makotosun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
The Beginning Is A Very Delicate Time

Know, then, it was the year 2005. The group of misfits destined to become GruppeTAT, AKA the Vintage Enduro Adventure Riders (we have to change our name regularly so we can still get a motel reservation after D-man took that shower in his muddy riding gear in Richfield, Utah) met in the dusty netherworld of the internet.

Vinnie the Snake tossed down a nasty old riding glove on the oil stained dirt of Oklahoma and challenged the assembled to a ride. Not just a ride - but even in itís infancy, an epic ride. A ride that would eventually grow to include a complete transcontinental crossing of North America, following the Trans America Trail, in the knobby tracks of Sam Correro. Not satisfied with a simple crossing, Vinnie decreed that the steeds must all be two stroke motorcycles. 30 year old vintage, twin shock Yamaha two stroke motorcycles.

Fast forward to 2009. As we sit poised to make a final assault on the Trans Continental Vintage Trans Am Trail Adventure Epic it is once again time for reflection. Why am I doing this again?

Oh yea - my bike is sitting in Vinnie's shop in Broken Arrow, and if I ever want to see it again I gotta show up in Kitty Hawk in two weeks. But I digress.

Tickets are purchased. The bikes are already on their way to the starting point. New video equipment has been procured. Time off has been arranged. Significant others have been bribed. Packages are being shipped to the east coast. All that is left is the countdown . . .

Joe, Dman, Mark, Big Nick (chase truck) Vinnie, DEET and Makotosun

Time until Kickstands up . . .TAT EAST

http://www.echlforums.com/cgi-bin/co...ezone=GMT-0500

I hope to have the new and much improved website ready for prime time in a few days. We will have our signature mailing list to directly receive GPS and other updates.

Now if we can just keep Mark off of his other bike until we go kickstands up!