View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #35
Quantis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
The Easy Day

Day 4 - The Easy Day

Feeling fresh and clean after taking serveral LONG showers at the hotel we rolled and packed all our freshly dried equipment and loaded up the bikes. Todays destination James Bay! Maurizio left us this morning at 6 am to blast 1400+Km back to Ottawa in one day. He's got an IronButt for sure!

Our fine accomodations

ADV Salute!

We crossed this dam on the way to James Bay. Amazing stuff. I definatly recommend comming this way if you are going to James Bay. Aparently the southern route via town isn't as beautiful.

We made it !

Then we hiked out to the point for a photo-op

While we were there we all wanted to ride our bikes in the water. Everyone did it perfectly except Dan decided he was going to "stop and wave". Then when he decided to go again he realized that his back tire was caught on a large rock. Lots of cluch burning tire slipping fun later he got unstuck and made it out. I guess if someone is going to get stuck why not the biggest bike while fully loaded?

This is the large power station near Radisson. I'm assuming it combines the power from several dams and prepares it to be send south.

All in all an amazing day. Low KMs on the bike and our butts. That night we stopped at the local outfitters and a few of us purchased second sleeping bags. The nights were looking colder and colder and boy was it worth it! Made sleeping for the rest of the trip a dream.

That night we crashed in the campground at Radisson. They had closed the weekend before for the season so we got FREE CAMPING.
Quantis is offline   Reply With Quote