View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #45
Quantis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Day 5

Day 5 - It Begins

Today we were up bright and early to tackle the next big leg of our journey. Since the Funduro didn't want to play the day before at James bay Chris decided he was going to get up early and make sure the bike started. Unfortunatly the Funduro didn't sleep well and decided to not co-operate. Chris in frusteration left the bike and proceded to walk down to the visitors center and make full use of their public toilets.

After returning to the site he decided to try the bike again. I guess it was feeling guilty about earlier and decided it was going to start right up. Weird.

This prompted a search for the local parts store. Luckily because everyone, and I mean everyone, owns either a 4wheeler, a ski-doo, or both there was a NAPA autoparts that had an extensive selection of batteries. Now with a new battery in hand and everyone loaded up we could begin!

First stop at the start of the Trans-Tiaga!

Making time

Next stop was this tiny gas station in a "tornado magnet" of a trailerpark town called Nouchimi (Or nuchachu, or nastysnatch, or whatever else we could come up with when we couldn't remember the name). Here we filled up and headed out for Mirage outfitters

NOTE: IF YOU CAN AVOID IT DON'T BUY GAS HERE. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT ~80Km TO MIRAGE YOU WILL SAVE ~20Cents/L.

Shortly after Nouchimi is a "Belveder" or lookout where you can ride up a small hill with a killer view. Here's a shot of me at the top of it.

After a good day of riding and making Mirage in record time we opted to push along for another hour to try to make our next day easier. Eventually we came upon a gravel pit that we had heard about in other ride reports and setup camp in the setting sun.
Quantis is offline   Reply With Quote