View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #189
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Hmmmmm...(#342654)

"Swingarm/shock/wheel off, gearbox on, clutch pushrod + associated stuff in & actuation mechanism on, swingarm/shock/wheel back on, driveshaft fluid in, bevel fluid in, exhaust downpipes & mid box stuck on for now, drive UJ bolts in but not tight, drive gaitor on but no clips, + other things that escape me. I'll see if I can find the pad springs & get the rear brake up as discussed. Also, we need a cap for the bevel breather, which I must say makes a mightily handy filling point"

WHAAAT!! You mean you haven't stripped and reconditioned the forks and resprayed the fairing as well....! Quite frankly, I'm surprised....

Ah yes...the breather doodab. I forgot to mention that, whilst cleaning it, I inadvertently broke off the little cap on the top of it. Well, now you know. I had thought it was a threaded, screw on item...obviously not. However, I do agree that it's a handy fillinng point, so all's well that ends well, eh? The G/S boys sometimes stick a bit of pipe on that for when they go underwater and stuff. I know we won't be doing that with the STD1, but I haven't got anything better to say on the matter and, if I keep typing words, you may have forgotten all about it by the time you finish reading this extended, meaningless, sentence.....

Keep up the good work.

Over and out.

er........

pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote