View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #54
motoexpedition
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Fantastic

Hey guys,
Great ride report...I've been waiting for this one.

I did the Trans-Lab Hwy from Montreal last year in mid-May...I froze the whole way up and the rain didn't let up until I reached Quebec City on the way back...I actually ran into snow patches.

The Taiiga Road was definitely next on my list but I ended up heading out West to complete the Dempster Hwy as the initial leg of my PanAm Adv.

I didn't realize the Taiiga Road was that isolated. I LOVE IT!!!! I''ll head up there in the spring as I leave PanAm in Sept.

If you guys, or anyone else for that matter, are looking for another Northern Quebec Adv, I must suggest Schefferville.

I tried heading up when I was there last May but that road is where I started running into snow on the road, so I turned back... 1ft deep wet snow, heavy rain, and the halfway mark is also the halfway mark of my fuel supply (KLR).

There is a 75km section of road missing (doesn't exist) however there is a railway available. The road ends in a small summer cottage town (diserted in spring w/ no supplies) where the railway continues North until the road FROM Schefferville intersects it 75km later. Trains only run 2 days of the week and the official schedule can be obtained from the trainlines company.

This is the Northernmost Point reachable by Motorbike in Eastearn Canada.

Thanks for the report guys, Ride Long.
motoexpedition is offline   Reply With Quote