View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #93
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
I installed my Twalcom foglights today. Overall, I am very impressed and highly recommend them. The lights themselves are Hella DE's (i.e. quality) and the mounts, light bar and kit are top notch.

I had two minor gripes: 1) the switch mount just wouldn't fit. I ended up cutting it and trimming it to fit. Not a big deal. 2) the instructions were in Italian and the pictures weren't the best. Again, no big deal. The Hella instructions were in the kit and they were in English and I also downloaded Touratech's instructions for their similar (but more expensive) kit.

I have a Centech AP-2 so I wired the lights through that. You can see the lights' relay in front of the Centech.

Two views of the lights:

Here's the switch and the problematic mount:

And the lights turned on:

I'll get a much better idea how they work during my commute tomorrow. I bought them mainly for conspicuity in traffic and they definitely look like they'll work great for that.

So far, I give the lights (and F800 Depot)

Oh, and please excuse the garage mess, I had a pipe burst on Friday which flooded the garage.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote