View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
ReactorTrip OP
glows in the dark

Oddometer: 553
reflective vinyl is now available. reflective is only offered in white/red/orange/yellow/blue/green. Prices are $5 more.
Review from another inmate (bomber60015):
Quote:
got em on the back pf my Schuberth helmet -- since you hadn't tested wet application, I went dry.
Two notes -- it wasn't entirely pleased about conforming to the compound curvature of the helmet (small wrinkles at the California/Oregon border and somewhere near Maryland), and the stickers grip HARD! This is good, but makes accurate placement of the states pretty tough (see pics) -- I would recommend you test wet application, at least for the states (though it may help conform to compound curses, too) . . . .
High quality stuff, sir -- the blue and green reflect similarly, but I don't see that as a downside -- feel free to use the pics, or I can send em to ya!
My verdict, two thumbs up (and I've got two!)
From me:

Indents are due to applying it to the helmet, it's a big sticker and probably impossible to apply dry to without so indents to the borders on a helmet. Mine is messed up too on my nonreflective version, but it's not noticeable unless upclose. It's better to apply to a flat surface. I was afraid to do wet app because the borders would probably screw up from moving it around and I have 0 experience with wet app, you may have better luck. State stickers are hard to apply correctly on the mark, it's small so getting them lined up exactly is a tough job.

Here is some pics.

ReactorTrip screwed with this post 10-13-2009 at 05:47 PM
ReactorTrip is offline   Reply With Quote