View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Keep practicing.. riding in loose sand can be hairy!
Well, at this point it seems like I'm practicing my landing technique more than anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer
Nice report Aaron,
These are my 3 golden rules I ride by.
1) You got to slow down to go down.
2) When in doubt gas it out.
3) More B E E R !!!

In the picture of the first nap, it looks like the burm used you instead of you using the burm. Apply rule number 2.
In the second nap, it looks like maybe a flashback from the 60's or just site seeing. Apply rule 1.
For both naps apply liberal amounts of rule3!!

Rich
Rich, you're exactly right, I have a really hard time picking a line in sand for some reason and I often get wide into the deepest part of the berm. I was going pretty fast, I mean I wouldn't be taking turns this tight that fast on pavement.

The second crash I was trying to stop before a hairy turn, so I know I broke a few rules on that one.

Rule 3 might be the "golden rule"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
More gas!!
Yeah, That's one of those things that's harder to do in real life. It did save my ass with that wash though

Your Tankbag saved my SLR too Though at one point I forgot to zip it up I hit some whoops and my camera bounced into my lap

Cal City is the only place where I've ever unzipped the base and taken the tank bag into the restaurant with me, great anti-crackhead design on that fandango
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote