View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
toplessFC3Sman OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Thanks, I appreciate that! The fuel pump is going to be the biggest draw (smallest practical pump will prob be about 2-3 amps), and with only about 4.5 amps to play with from 55W, thats not going to leave much for lighting or injectors. I dont think a re-wind is going to cut it.

Maybe there's a stator from another bike with more poles/thicker windings that I can fit onto it with some creative machining and a new housing... I may need to pull the permanent magnets off of a newer bike too, and see what I can do to retro-fit them on the CL350. I have access to a machine shop so I can do the machining myself for adapter plates, spacers, and new housings. At the same time, I may as well get the voltage regulator from the same bike, and basically just update the whole charging system.

Does anyone know what size chain the CL 350 uses? the one on the bike right now is in rather poor shape, and I'd like to replace it with one of the low-maintenance o-ringed chains if possible. There's probably only another week or so of weather to enjoy the bike before its time to go into storage and the tear-down can begin.

toplessFC3Sman screwed with this post 10-20-2009 at 09:20 AM
toplessFC3Sman is offline   Reply With Quote