Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #714
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Bearing Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS
Wouldn't that just figure!!

So I wonder if you're correct. Is there a way to tell with removing the bearings? i.e. if I pull my wheel and remove the seal, would I be able to find something telling me what size my new bearings are?
When I call the parts guy at the BMW shop. He first look on the computer to see if he had the bearings in stock. He said he had one in stock. Put the phone down and went to retrieve it. He looked at the bearing and told me the number 6204LV. I asked if there was any more to the number, he said no. He was aware of the C0, C3, C4 suffix number and what it meant. So I don't know if he was looking at the bearing or the box it came in. But in bearing tables, like I posted, there are bearing made to have more free play to compensate for tighter fit's. So now it's time to find what bearing is supposed to be installed in the disc side hub bore. My guess it should be the C3 or the C4 bearing.
Maybe if you pull your wheel and pop out the seal you might see the number. I have seen some bearings with numbers on them not sure if these are stamped.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 10-28-2009 at 02:42 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote