View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Navel OP
Omphaloskeptical

Oddometer: 152
In the first place let me please introduce ourselves.

The Team: 4 spaniards and 1 belg.

From left to right: Manel, Kristof, Ricardo and myself, in the next installment you´ll see Cesar who shot this one.

The bikes: 4 x BMW f650 GS (3 Dakar) and 1 old Africa Twin 750(RN04)
The destination: Morocco

The schedule: 7 days in mid july, did I say July in Morocco?...Yeah, some like it hot you know!. To be honest it was simply difficult to find a date when everyone could go, so no choice about that and overheating, specially when we would reach Erg chebbi was a concern (see temp watch pic above).

The route:
Insert/extraction point was Nador, then South along Rekkam Plateau (some Paris Dakar tracks) down to Merzouga and famous Erg Chebbi dunes. After that West to Tinerrhir and some wild rocks up the Dades and Toldra Gorges to finally tackle some Atlas tracks on our way back North.

I will edit this post later and add a map.

By now, you may be wondering about this report´s title, the thing is that, although we have been quite ATTGATT compliant, thunderstorms, extreme heat, and other issues made as adopt a more relaxed approach to equipment which we called SOFT G-SPOT namely (Some OF The Gear- Some Periods Of Time).

Ditto (Parental advisory: the pic below contains half nudity)

I really made a bad choice taking my sailing trousers (light but zero breathabilty), but found out that riding trouserless wasn´t the solution.

Navel screwed with this post 11-01-2009 at 08:25 AM
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote