View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,714
Same road, very cool railroad crossing. What is it about places in the middle of nowhere that gets my (our) hearts beating?

I made it through 169 and down 67. 67 is awesome too for pavement if you go that route. Here I am back on 170 on the border. Rio Grande is in the middle, Texas on the left and Mexico on the right of course. Looks like you could jump across without getting wet in some areas but since I forgot (didnít plan on) to bring my passport I stayed State side!

Finally, one of the big destinations of the trip. Iíve been here many times by car and discover new things each time.

I make it to the ranger station just before they close and convince the girl at the desk my bike can make it to the primitive camp siteÖ I think they have had a few mishaps with minivans and Harleys so there are some disclaimers they need to elaborate on.

I take a shot on the start of the trail to my campsite, only a few miles from the main road. This quickly turns into heavy gavel and keeps me on guard.

I arrive at my remote camp site and the huge parking area is reserved for only my bike. This is a single permit camp site and the nearest site is Ĺ a mile away. No annoying music, a beautiful view, this is what I call camping! FYI I will set up my tent in a small clearing to the left of the parking area (the clearing is so small my tent almost does not fit).

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote