View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
JoeyBones OP
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,388
Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

A handful of hooligans here in the Queen City get together on the third Thursday of each month to eat pizza, tell lies about their riding prowess, brag about their latest farkles and plan a ride or two.

Hawthorne's Pizza at 1701 E. 7th St. is sorta kinda centrally located re: North vs. South, etc. and has some of the best pizza in town.

Update 2014: This thread has become as much a ride-planning thread as anything else! If you landed here on this page please go to the last few pages (they turn over pretty quickly these days) and you'll find folks to ride with - street bikes, big dual-sports, little dual-sports, even straight up dirt bikes.

Update May 2015: I am proud to have started this thread in November of 2009. In May of 2015 I find myself moving to Florida and leaving this Charlotte ADV tradition in the capable hands of "BluRidgeRider" and "AugieDog", along with the dozens of others who make this a great place to meet fellow riders in the Carolinas. As always, the last few pages will have the latest on local rides - dirt or street or both. - Joe

MEET-UP ON THE THIRD THURSDAY OF EACH MONTH AT HAWTHORNE'S (1701 E. 7th ST). AROUND 6 PM FOR MOST FOLKS BUT SHOW UP WHEN YOU CAN! THE UPCOMING SCHEDULE IS:

2015: May 21st * June 18th * July 16th * August 20th * September 17th * October 15th * November 19th * December 17th *

2016: January 21st * February 18th * March 17th * April 21st * May 19th * June 16th * July 21st * August 18th * September 15th * October 20th * November 17th * December 15th
Proud to have ridden all 50 US States. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider

JoeyBones screwed with this post 05-16-2015 at 01:20 AM
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote