Portland Area Off Pavement Rides
SEE THE END OF THIS THREAD - I've long stopped updating this post.
This thread has become a bulletin board for planning off-pavement rides around the Portland area. See the end of of this thread for discussion of the next or most recent ride. Bikes have mostly been a mix of 350s to 650s; knobbies pretty much required during the wet time of the year. Some rides are easy gravel and logging roads; other rides venture to OHV single track. We accommodate all bike and rider types. Go ahead, instigate a ride!
Past Ride Areas:
- NW Industrial Starbucks - 3275 Northwest 29th Avenue. Corner NW Yeon Ave (AKA Hwy 30) & NW 29th Ave. Left side of Yeon, as heading N. Take a left at the light at 29th. This is the light after McD's on your right.
- Washougal Chevron - at 2nd / C St, AKA Jimbo's Deli Mart. You'll see it off Hwy 14 (North side) as you get into Washougal.
- Linnton Arco - Arco station in Linnton; on Hwy 30 just north of the St Johns Bridge
- Scappoose Fred Meyer - Gas station in parking lot of.
- Beacon Rock
- Manning DQ - on Hwy 26
Pics and Links to Past Rides:
Back to Back
Biped crash vid
s1marks Banks West
mrazekan Jordan Creek
White Salmon - Snowden
Clapped Dougan 3 Corner
Black Dog 2010
- Scappoose West - West of Scappoose, as accessed from Dixie Mountain Rd, Smokie Ranch Rd, Rabinsky Rd, etc.
- St Helens West - Areas west of St Helens, east of Hwy 47, and north/south off-shoots of Pittsburg Rd.
- Washougal East - Areas NE of Washougal -- from Dougal Falls; Sunset Falls and east into Gifford - Jones Creek - North of Beacon Rock - NW of Stevenson.
- Tillamook - Diamond Mill, Roger's/Brown's
- Hood River - White Salmon, Nestor Peak, into Gifford; Post Canyon single track.
- Mt Hood - Barlow
- Gifford Pinchot