Thread: 6:10 to Yuma
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
xymotic OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Thanks for the warm wishes. I'm in Yuma now, going to the vet tomorrow.

I'm enjoying him now though.

He's sleeping now, so Let's get on with the report!

First stop was to Samy's where I picked up a new Camera just for you FF's! (Olympus 8000 Tough) Ok, it was a little bit for me too, I figured this was more motorcycle appropriate since I broke my canon 10-22 in HALF the other day

First off I stopped by H8Chains for new Tires. My front was seriously Shot.

For the price of a burrito you get a full shop, with all the extra's like a tire changing machine, friendly knowledgeable staff to help when you need a 'third hand (you're S.O.L. if you need four though ) And free Tire disposal!

After a few hours of swearing and pinched tube I was on my way

move along... nothing to see here... move along

several hours later I get to somewhere sort of interesting:

This was my first time using the camera... I was kind of disappointed to find it doesn't have a shutter priority mode. Sigh, maybe a little pre-purchase research next time.

I was in this spot last year on a trip to Baja with my buddy SenoPeligro. Back then I got blown off my bike; TWICE! This time it was a little mellower so I went across the mesa sightseeing. I sort of figured out how to take control of this camera, if I change the mode to something like 'candlelight' I can get a little longer shutter times. It's not super convenient, but the camera is SOOO much smaller than my 20d I'm sure my action shots will improve.

After the day's manual labor I was beat, I found a hotel with really convienient parking.

I just got a room in Palm Desert and ordered from the healthy vegan menu at Domino's:

So after this, I went to sleep. Go figure

That's the end of the first day.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 11-08-2009 at 06:40 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote