View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
edstoll OP
OPD-2019

Oddometer: 275
I made it to Deals Gap. Read about it a bunch and was looking forward to the 312 curves in 11 miles.
More info at www.dealsgap.com.

It was tons of fun. I wasn’t pushing hard but still managed to touch the pavement with my toe. The peg couldn’t be much behind but I am a long way from home and getting old (remember 50th birthday) so I just rode relaxed. Although the tire looks like I didn’t have much “chicken strip” left. I guess I couldn’t have leaned over much further.

Along that famous 11 miles there are several spots where photographers setup with a big sign listing their website and they take your picture as you drive by. You can go to their website later, find the pictures of yourself and buy them. I didn’t do any showing off but did go to some of the sites and found me. Pretty cool.

After the Dragon it was scenic Tennessee.

Stopped for gas and a quick lunch.

I found this neat cutout along a rural roadside.

I stopped for the night in Clarksville Tennesse. This area has grown a lot since I was last through here several years ago.

Final stats for the day are not impressive but I did go through some of the most twisty roads in America and the days are very short right now. I don’t like riding after dark at highway speed. Seen to much of what can happen.

edstoll is offline   Reply With Quote