View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
edstoll OP
OPD-2019

Oddometer: 272
Woke up to much warmer temperatures so I left the plastic gear in the bag.
Clarksville is pretty. I wish we had a river like this going through Osceola. I would love to trade it for our train tracks.

Another Cop Shop

When I was planning my return trip I seen this place called Land between the Lakes on the map. It showed a road going through it called The Trace. I had never been there. Had to check it out.

This is a National Recreation area and was cool to explore. I just did a quick run through and found a lot of interesting things. It warrants a return trip someday as a destination. I took the V-Strom off onto rock roads and found most of them lead to the rivers on each side of The Trace. By the way the V-Strom feels very good on loose rock. I am going to like this bike.

I found a gravesite that contained many “unknown” monuments.

Took another side road several miles back to Ginger Bay.

The Great Western Furnace is along The Trace.

Found a field full of Bison

I then stumbled across an OHV area. I ride dirtbikes with my friends and we take annual trips to ride . This may have to be one of our destinations.

After the Trace I was traveling through scenic Kentucky.

Believe it or not this is a Kentucky rest area and welcome center. Very cool old home.It is called White Haven if you want to research it. It’s on the National Historic Registry.

I met this guy at a gas stop in Missouri. I am sorry I didn't get his name. He was local and on a Wee Strom. He suggested a route for me and when I looked at the GPS it is the same route I had pre programmed into it.

His strom

Elephant Rocks looks cool and Missouri Hwy 32 is a fun ride.

I was needing a rest area and spotted this old house. Free access. Oldest house in Crawford County. 1834

It even had the facilities I was needing.

It was getting dark and I had a ways to go. I made a bee-line for the Kansas City Airport. I got into the parking lot, loaded my bike and headed home getting there about 11:30p.m. The GPS only shows as far as the airport. I put the gps away for the trip in the pickup to home.

It was another great trip and a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday. Thank You Honey

I hope you all enjoyed the trip report.
edstoll is offline   Reply With Quote