View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
Andy G OP
2wheeled alpinist

Oddometer: 551
ok, some startes...

we met Friday afternoon after work (Hardheader) and after waking up after nightshift (me) on the Autobahn restarea Höhenrain, close to Munich. We didn't even really start the trip when I got my tools out for the first time for adjusting the blacks' chain...

Bacon was still looking a bit weak after his visit to the Oktoberfest with Hardheader. Our goal for the day was to get to Bardolino at the shores of lake Garda, Italy. There's a nice hotel there we got to know in 2006 when going down to the western Alps for enduro riding and we were forced to make an unplanned stop because Hardheaders rear wheel bearings failed (there is no RR about this trip here on ADV, but if you'd like to see some pics just check here: http://www.agrimm.net/reisen/cuneo2006/index.htm text's german only, sorry; to skip throu the pages follow the links at the bottom of each page). What we didn't know was that the annual winefest was going on there and we were lucky to get the last free room in "our" hotel.

We had some nice Lasagna for dinner and a walk through the town

we met 4 (or was it 5?) girls wearing classical Bavarian Dirndl (sort of dress) there... one of them should get married soon, so they celebrated one last free weekend, playing a game that the future bride got a basket full of things (pencils, sweets, condoms...) she had to sell to the people around during the evening. Sorry, no pics of that episode .

Cheers, Andy
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote