View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #43
CaptUglyDan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtracks
I've got a pallet full on the boat heading North now, with one set of F800 tires in the pallet that hasn't been spoken for yet (selling these friggin' things before they even make landfall). As a FYI to those interested in these tires, recent regulation changes in the European Union have slowed Heidenau shipments into the US. Word is there will be no more imported until mid/late December. We're in the process of building inventory now, so we should be good to go well before riding season.
This is great news, I missed this thread as it was posted the day after I left for AK on July 30th, I unfortunatley only made it to Whitehorse due to a transmission bearing failure on my R100GS, Had to limp down to Skagway and take the ferry back home to Bellingham. The good news is its fixed and ready to go again next July on the exact same route I had planned (Deadhorse) last trip. So I'll be contacting you in the near future for a change out of tires, and some stickers while I'm up in your neck of the woods.
Even with the bearing failure I have to say it was the greatest ride of my life, Got to ride into Hyder and Skagway, So if anyone asks me if I've ever been to Alaska on a bike I can say, Sure have, Twice!
CaptUglyDan is offline   Reply With Quote